30/12/2010

Goodbye Twenty Ten


So long 2010... You brought the best and worst of times!

It has been a whole twelve months spent preparing for my big adventure, everything seems to have been put on hold in order to fund the next big step! I quit my ever so lovely job at The Little Polka Dot Pot to graft for six solid months at The Scotch Bakery (I previously worked here before going to NTU) and now I only have four weeks there left to go!

Highlights have included exhibiting my work alongside
Rob Ryan at YSP where I had the chance to meet Paul Smith and Mister Rob himself... Lucky me, right! A second Paper Showcase there followed. I was chosen as Fylde DFAS Young Artist of the Year and held my first solo exhibition at a local gallery, which was all very exciting but wow what hard work! I also gave a series of lectures and tutorials to design students and as you lovelies all know... Faced my fear of public speaking!

However, I also lost two extra special friends this year and although daily life continues things will never really quite be the same. I discovered that life at times can be pretty darn tough but you gotta keep on keepin' on and just take each day as it comes... Whisky in your water and sugar in your tea at this point is always a winner! Hehe!

In 2011 I'm going to follow my dreams, make new plans, get creative, over clutter then de-clutter. After all this is what I seem to do best! Will you be making any resolutions?

So, here's a big thanks to all my lovely Little Red readers for following me in 2010... I hope you have the happiest of New Years and that 2011 is our very best yet. See you on the other side!


No comments:

Post a Comment